Are you looking for a firm where you can grow your career? Alta Environmental (Alta) is hiring! Alta is a dynamic, growth-oriented environmental services firm focused on sustainable solutions within California’s complex regulatory structure. We are growing a different kind of consulting firm – a firm of dynamic, motivated, and entrepreneurial technical experts. We are trusted advisors to clients across many industries and sectors, and are actively seeking top talent to aid in our growth. We are seeking an experienced Site Assessment and Remediation professional to join our team of technical experts in service of our existing and rapidly growing client base in multiple sectors; including industrial clients (ie: aerospace, manufacturing, food service, etc.), healthcare, biotech, schools and universities, development (real estate and construction), and municipal. This position can be located in Long Beach or Irvine.
The ideal candidate is a technically knowledgeable doer-seller with strong inter-personal communication skills and the ability to build client trust and rapport. The ideal candidate will be high-energy achievement oriented with entrepreneurial spirit. They will excel in a collaborative team environment of like-minded experts. The ideal candidate is recognized among their peers for the ability to interpret technical and analytical data and present it in a clear concise and understandable reports and graphics for clients (the layperson). They will promote our brand and build business through high quality work, publications, and technical presentations.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Conducting contaminated site assessment/remediation; hydrogeology; and environmental risk management studies and services.
• Directing and performing field studies, data gathering and sampling activities at sites including soil and groundwater sampling, groundwater flow and hydrogeological data evaluation, chemical data and contaminant fate and transport evaluation, well installation, aquifer testing, and groundwater monitoring, groundwater and soil remediation evaluation, environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance services, and permit acquisition.
• Keeping abreast of federal, state and local regulations and published scientific findings as they pertain to the project assigned.
• Client service and identifying client needs.
• Serving as project manager interfacing directly with clients to understand client needs and develop proposals, scope, costs, schedule and budgets.
• Preparing, directing and reviewing technical reports, proposals and cost estimates
• Responsible for quality control review of proposals and reports written by others.
• Helping coach and mentor junior level staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university in earth science (geology or hydrogeology) or chemical/civil/environmental engineering or other related science with at least 5-10 years of demonstrated consulting experience in California.
• Professional Geologist, EIT or Professional Engineering Registration in California is preferred.
• Operational knowledge of computer databases and office programs (MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word).
• OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare reports and proposals.
• Excellent writing and analytical skills a must.
• Project team management oversight and leadership ability.
Please send resume and cover letter to Resumes@altaenviron.com. You must include “Open Position: Project Manager SAR” in the subject line